Thursday, July 28, 2011

The apple of my eye.

So tonight, we have a guest coming over. Rylee will be making her delicious spaghetti tacos (yes, she looooooves iCarly) and I decided I had better at least make dessert. I'm a huge fan of baking. For real, I would rather make something from scratch then buy it premade. Ick.  So while daddy is working away at the shop I was here slaving over the stove. Ok, not really. This recipe is soooo quick and easy and delicious. It's a recipe that my Mamaw gave to my Mom, my Mom gave it to me and bam, here it is.

                                               Apple Pan Dowdy
4 or 5 large apples (I use whatever I have on hand but granny smith are great for this)
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of water
1 tsp cinnamon (I sometimes go overboard with the cinnamon)

Topping

1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup margarine



You will need to preheat your oven to 350. And you need a large cake pan.....
Peel, and slice your apples into the bottom of your pan. You can also dice them, it's up to you. I'm a slicer not a dicer.

Pour your cup of sugar over your apples. Do the same with your water.
Sprinkle your cinnamon on top of your apple, sugar water combo. You should have something that resembles this. If so, we are still on the same page.

Ok, next you mix your brown sugar, flour and butter in a bowl. Now, you can melt the butter if you want more of a dough on top, or you can leave it if you want a crumbly top. I don't melt mine but I won't judge you if you do, I promise.


This is what it should look like (if you didn't melt your butter that is)


After your topping is mixed pour it over top of your apples. If you melted your butter you will have to spread it around. If not then you will just kind of sprinkle it all over. Remember I said I go overboard with cinnamon? Well sometimes if I'm feeling saucy I sprinkle a little more cinnamon over the top of this....crazy I know.


Bake this sucker for about 40 minutes. Your apples will be nice and squishy and I promise people will ask you to make this all the time hahah.


Yum yum!!!!! Guys I'm sure you won't be making this anytime soon, but I'm sure the little ladies in your life will give it a try. 
                                      Enjoy : )
           

No comments:

Post a Comment